Pilot Interview Opportunity
NSU and American Flyers entered into agreements with Express Jet Airlines, Inc. and Piedmont Airlines to offer a special opportunity to our graduates!
Express Jet Airlines Inc. and Piedmont Airlines have agreed to guarantee an interview to NSU Flight training graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Graduate from either
- Nova Southeastern University's focus in Aviation, Human Services Administration Bachelor’s Degree with a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher with a 2.75 within their major, or
- American Flyers' Certified Flight Instructor course and;
- Complete the FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Airplane Multiengine Land and Instrument Airplane ratings preferably at American Flyers and;
- Obtain the CFI, CFII and preferably MEI certificate and complete the instructor standardization course at American Flyers and;
- Hold a First Class Medical Certificate at the start of flight training, and at time of the final interview with the Airlines, and;
- Acquire Advanced Jet Training (AJT) at American Flyers or through an Airline approved training facility, and;
- Maintain an excellent work ethic and obtain letter(s) of recommendation from American Flyers and Nova Southeastern University if applicable, and;
- Sign a release form authorizing the Airline to review the pilot's academic, aeronautical, and other NSU and American Flyers and FAA records, and;
- Be competitive with and meet the same standards of interview and employment required of other candidates applying for pilot positions with the Airline, and;
- Pass any background checks required by FAA, Department of Transportation, Department of Homeland Security, Airline or any other governmental department, administration, or agency.