Research and Grants Outreach
NSU carries a strong mandate and mission for giving back to the community. The Mailman Segal Center is committed to community outreach and to the dissemination of best practices. Through our outreach activities, theoretical concepts are demonstrated and translated into meaningful teaching practices for professionals, providing supports to early childhood centers in high-risk communities.
Our outreach department works early childhood centers in high-risk communities in Broward County.
MSC current outreach initiatives include:
- Early Learning Coalition: introduction of Outcomes Driven Training in Broward County
- Healthy Beginnings Two, funded by the A.D. Henderson Foundation
- Play Together, Learn Together, funded by Bank of America
- School Readiness and Early Learning (SREL) committees that advocate for programs, children, and families throughout Broward County.
- Jack and Jill Children's Center: KaBoom grant investigating the effect of loose parts play with young children