Calendar of Events
- Kent, B.B., Gaillard-Kenney, S., & Kirtley, A. (Accepted). Focus group: Art and metamorphosis. The Qualitative Report 5th Annual Conference. Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. January 17-18, 2014.
November 8, 2013
NSU-COM and College of Dental Medicine Grand Rounds
- Gaillard-Kenney, S. & Kent, B. B. Human Trafficking. (Accepted). College of Osteopathic Medicine Faculty Development Program Grand Rounds, Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. November 8, 2013.
November 4, 2013
- Kent, B.B. & Gaillard-Kenney, S., Colón, R.M., & Reesey, A. Human trafficking prevention through interdisciplinary faculty education. American Public Health Association 141st Annual Meeting and Expo, Boston, MA. November 2-5, 2013.
- Colon, R.M., Gaillard-Kenney, S., Kent, B.B., & Reesey, A. Strategies for the development of a university-community partnership to create human trafficking curriculum. American Public Health Association 141st Annual Meeting and Expo, Boston, MA. November 2-5, 2013.
August 6, 2012
- Kent, B.B. & Gaillard-Kenney, S., & Colón, R.M. (2012, August 6). Human trafficking: Modern day slavery. Vascular Sonography Department, Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
June 22, 2012
Instructional Strategies for Educators: Incorporating Human Trafficking in the Curriculum for CHCS and Nursing Faculty Members
Presenters focused on resources and strategies available to faculty members to bring awareness about Human Trafficking and tools to identify potential victims.
June 7, 2012
- Kent, B.B. & Gaillard-Kenney, S. (2012, June 7). Interview by Dr. Fred Lippman (Television recording). Project HEAT. Dateline Health, Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL: Broward Education Communication Network (BECON).
April 13, 2012
Human Trafficking Workshop for CHCS and Nursing Faculty members
Presenters focused on practical training and tools for healthcare providers.
February 24, 2012
"Human Trafficking Symposium: Victims' Health Care Needs" for CHCS and Nursing Faculty members.Presenters for the symposium included the chief medical officer of emergency medicine for Broward Health, victim's service professionals from the Department of Homeland Security and the Broward Sheriff's Office, a representative of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers, and the U.S. Attorney General's Office.
December 13, 2011
"Shared Hope International Protected Innocence Initiative"
Webinar hosted by NSU and BHTC.
December 2, 2011
"Human Trafficking 101" for CAHN faculty members.
Presenter: Adriane Reesey, president of the Broward Human Trafficking Coalition and Pamela Washington, FBI Victims Advocate
November 18, 2011
Community Advisory Panel Meeting - Alvin Sherman Library , NSU Campus: 10 am to 12 noon
September 29, 2011
8th International Human Trafficking Prostitution and Sex Worker Conference
University of Toledo, OH