The Department of Educational Development and Support exists to serve the faculty of Nova Southeastern University. It is composed of three sub-departments: the Center for Teaching and Learning, the Center for HPD Research, and the Testing Center.
Center for Teaching and Learning Services
- Faculty development seminars throughout the academic year
- Assessment of faculty performance
- Faculty counseling for improvement of instruction
- Rapid e-mail responses to faculty teaching questions
- Publication of a faculty handbook
- Books and videotapes on teaching available to loan
- Annual new faculty orientation
Center for HPD Research Services
- Maintenance of a database of HPD Research
- Generation of reports on HPD researchers
- Assessment of HPD students using the following instruments: Myers-Briggs Type Inventory, Scale of Intellectual Development, California Critical Thinking Skills Test, and Learning Style Profile.
- Assistance in statistical analysis through our liaison with the Statistical Consulting Services
- Assistance in guiding researchers through NSU research protocol through our liaison with the HPD Research Committee
- Trouble-shooting for the Online Evaluation System, for both faculty and students.
- Publication of monthly newsletter Focus on Research
Testing Center Services
- Creation and maintenance of banks of test questions
- Test creation
- Test scoring
- Item analysis
- Gradebook maintenance