Find Journal Articles by SUBJECT
• MEDLINE is the best starting point for finding
medical or health-related articles. Medline indexes over 4600 journals. We
recommend using one of these search engines to find articles in Medline:
• To find a summary (or review article) of the
latest information on a topic:
• For topics in the Allied Health fields, such as Occupational or Physical Therapy and Nursing, try CINAHL if Medline does not produce the results you want.
• For other specific topics, many databases are
very specialized, such as Natural
Medicines or AltHealthWatch
for alternative medicine. CLICK HERE for a list of subjects and the best
databases to use for that topic.
Find a Journal by TITLE
• Once you have the citation information (article title, journal title, volume number, date, etc.) for a journal article, you can CHECK HERE to see if the full text of that journal is available online.
• If the journal is not available online, check NOVACAT,
the NSU library catalog, to see if an NSU library owns the print version of the
Find a Journal Article not owned by NSU
CAUTION: Many European, Asian, and other foreign journals provide titles and abstracts in English in your database search results. However, the text of the article is in the original language and will be indicated like this: [Japanese].
• If you can't find the article in the list of full text electronic journals and NSU does not own the print version, you can order it through the INTERLIBRARY LOAN OFFICE. (Note: This free service is available only to HPD students, staff and faculty.)
• If you are an HPD distance student or distance faculty, and the article is not available online, you may order it through the INTERLIBRARY LOAN OFFICE.
Nova Southeastern University | Copyright © 2009 | Contact Webmaster | NSU Phone/Email Directory | Library Staff only | | Revised: October 30, 2009