WebMail Help Topics
Click on the Calendar icon on your toolbar and you will be brought to the following window:
The calendar shows will show you events, which you will set up in the calendar section and it also shows you due dates for tasks that you set up in your Task List.
Note: If you do not set up a due date for a task, you will not see it in the calendar view.
By default, you will see the monthly calendar, but as you can see, you can change the view by the tabs at the top.
If you change to the daily view using the tab at the top, you will be taken to today's date. To go forward, click the arrow to the right of the date. To go backward, click the arrow to the left of the date. If you would like to go to a particular date, you can click on that date in the monthly view.
To add an event to this day, click the plus sign next to the time you would like the event to begin. You will be taken to the Add Event screen.
The work week view will only show you Mondays through Fridays. To add an event to any of these days, click the plus sign next to the day. You will be taken to the Add Event screen. To jump to any day in this week, click the day.
The weekly view will show you the whole week, from Sunday to Saturday. To add an event to any of these days, click the plus sign next to the day. You will be taken to the Add Event screen. To jump to any day in this week, click the day.
If you click on the Add Event button on the toolbar (or the plus sign next to any of the dates/times) you will be shown the following window:
- First you're going to type the title of the event.
- Select the Category of the event.
If you don't have any categories set up and you would like to create one, click New Category. Once you're finished and click Save Event, you will be shown the following popup:
- Type the location, if any.
- Select the status of the event from the dropdown menu.
- Select the date of the event. If you got to the Add Event screen by clicking on the plus sign next to a date or time, this field will be populated with that date already. You can also click the calendar icon to the right of that field to view the calendar.
- Select the time of the event. If you got to the Add Event screen by clicking on the plus sign next to a time, this field will be populated already.
- Select the date and time that the event will end.
- Select the duration of the event.
- Set the alarm
Please note that the alarm is only a notice that happens when you are in the calendar section. Example:
- Type in a description of the event. (Optional)
- If you would like to invite other NSU users to this event, put a check next to "Send updates/invitations to all attendees" when saving this event. Click Edit Attendees.
- Next to "Add attendees" enter the email addresses of the people you would like to invite (separated by a comma) and click Add these people OR
- Click Add people from my Address Book and you will be given a popup window showing your Personal Address Book. From there, you can choose the attendees.
- When you're done, click Dismiss.
- Select the recurrence of the event.
- Set the date that the recurrence of the event will end.
- Set a keyword for the event (Optional)
When you are finished, click Save Event.
If you've invited attendees, a message will be sent to them informing them of the event. They will be able to open it as an attachment in either Webmail or Outlook. From there, they can respond to it and add it to their own calendars.