IMAP Email Setup Instructions
- Open Netscape 6 Mail by clicking on the Start button, go to Programs, Netscape and click on Mail.
- Click on Edit and click on Mail/News Account Settings and the following window will show up.
- Click on New Account and the following window will show up. Make sure "ISP or email provider" is selected and click on Next.
- Enter your full name next to "Your Name:" and enter your NSU e-mail address next to the "Email Address:" and click on Next.
- Make sure IMAP is selected. Next to "Server Name:" type imap.nova.edu and click on Next.
- Make sure your NSU e-mail name is entered next to "User Name:" and click on Next.
- Enter the Account name you would like to refer to this account. Entered below is email@example.com, but you can also use NSU Mail, for example. Click on Next.
- Click on Finish.
- Click on Outgoing Server (SMTP). On the right-hand side of the screen enter the SMTP server name of your ISP. If you are using NSU as your Internet Service Provider enter pop.nova.edu as your SMTP server. Put the check next to "Use Name and Password" and enter your NSU email name. Click on OK.
** If you are using another ISP, such as AOL or BellSouth, you will need to enter their server name and the username you use for their server. Please contact them for this information.
- Click on OK. Your mail is now set up.