Wellness Made Simple program...
Frequently Asked Questions
The Wellness Made Simple program is a partnership between Nova Southeastern University and ICUBA to provide comprehensive primary health care and to promote preventive medicine, identify patient health risks, provide treatment, and prevent a more serious condition from developing in patients with identified health risks.
- All NSU employees and their family members 18 years of age or older who are covered under the employee’s ICUBA insurance plan are eligible for the Wellness Made Simple program.
- Employees who work at other universities and colleges and their family members 18 years of age and older who are covered under an ICUBA plan may also enroll in the Wellness Made Simple program.
- Your health insurance coverage through the ICUBA Insurance Plan.
- Employees enrolling now will have no co-payments or co-insurance through December 2012.
- Call 954-262-VIPS  and make an appointment. When making the appointment the scheduling person will ask you for your insurance and pharmacy information. Have your cards ready. Having this information on your record will shorten the time it takes for your initial appointment.
- If you have an identified health risk you must agree to follow your physician’s orders.
- Yes. The Medical Center offers appointments Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday morning.
- It usually takes one week from scheduling the appointment to the actual appointment.
- Depending on availability, you may schedule an appointment for the same day.
- You will receive a “reminder call” one day before your scheduled appointment.
- Yes, as long as your supervisor approves your absence. You are allowed to use your “sick time” hours for this purpose.
- Yes, if you schedule an appointment during your lunch time.
- You will have a choice of either the Sanford L Ziff Medical Center located on the NSU campus at 3200 South University Drive in Davie or the NSU North Miami Beach Clinic located at 1750 NE 167th Street, North Miami Beach.
- You will have a complete physical examination.
- Your blood will be drawn for analysis.
- You will meet with your physician or physician assistant to discuss your health status and wellness plans.
- A typical office visit, when seeing a physician or physician assistant, is approximately 45 minutes for the initial visit.
- Subsequent visits are approximately 30 minutes.
- Everyone works to staying on schedule so your visit is thorough and efficient.
- No, you will be seen by a Physician or Physician Assistant.
- If you are a current patient and have had an annual physical, including blood work, within the last 6 months, you are automatically eligible for the program.
- If you have not had an annual physical, including blood work, within the last six months you schedule an appointment for an annual physical, including blood work which will make you eligible for the program.
- We have a designated telephone number for participants in the program which includes 24/7 emergency services, including holidays.