Our goal is to diagnose disorders of the central nervous system, provide consultation on the etiology, rate of progression, and prognosis of cerebral pathology, and offer recommendation or referral for the patient's treatment. Referrals generally come from physicians, mental health professionals, educators, and attorneys and typically include:
- Differential diagnosis of organic vs. functional psychiatric symptoms
- Differential diagnosis of dementia vs. depression
- Evaluation to determine cognitive, emotional, or behavioral symptoms subsequent to head injury
- Diagnosis of learning disability, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or mental retardation
- Determination of mental competence
- Diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease, seizure disorders, multiple sclerosis, stroke, and organic mood syndrome
- Evaluation of headache
- Determination of appropriate school placement And identification of malingering or symptom exaggeration.
Who We Help
The Neuropsychology Assessment Center at Nova Southeastern University evaluates all persons 5 years of age and older. Anyone interested in determining the testing fee and scheduling an appointment should contact us.