Undergraduate Student Grants and Loans
Minority Teacher Education Scholarship Program
Type of Aid
State-of-Florida Scholarship administered by Florida Fund for Minority Teachers, Inc.
Students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- must be a resident of the state of Florida, as provided in Section 240.1201, Florida Statutes
- must be a member of one of the following racial/ethnic groups: African-American/Black; Hispanic/Latino; Asian/Pacific Islander; American Indian/Alaskan Nativeone of the following racial/ethnic groups: African-American/Black; Hispanic/Latino; Asian/Pacific Islander; American Indian/Alaskan Native
- must teach in a Florida public school for the period of time the scholarship was received
- must complete Florida Fund for Minority Teachers Scholarship Application
- must met requirements for admission to a Florida university as a junior, senior, or pre-service student in a state-approved teacher education program
- must be newly admitted into an upper level/division undergraduate teacher education program and cannot already be teaching full-time
- cannot exceed 18 hours of upper division courses to be considered newly admitted
Scholarship applications are available from the Fischler School of Education Department. For more information, visit www.ffmt.org.