Purpose of the Award
To recognize demonstrated achievement in research and scholarship by an NSU faculty member.
Description of Award
Research and scholarship are two of NSU's core values. The Provost's Research and Scholarship Award (PRSA) recognizes innovative and sustained activities in scholarly pursuits in support of NSU's mission to foster intellectual inquiry, academic excellence, research, and a dynamic learning environment. Excellence in faculty research and scholarship enhances education, patient care, and public service, and develops superior scholarship. This annual award recognizes distinguished accomplishments in the pursuit of research and scholarly activities across the academic disciplines.
- Exemplifies excellence in research and scholarship
- Significant contributions to the field of study
- Externally recognized in the field
- Awards/Service to professional organizations
- Provides mentoring support to other faculty
- Successful external funding record
Current NSU faculty members are eligible to apply, including previous PRSA applicants and finalists. Previous PRSA winners are not eligible to apply.
For self-nominations, a letter of support from an NSU faculty member or dean is required.
Provost's Research and Scholarship Award nominations are now closed. This award program will re-open for nominations in August, 2014.
All successfully submitted application forms will receive email confirmation. The Provost's Research and Scholarship Award Council will review applications, select finalists, and submit recommendations to the Provost for final selection.
The winner of the Provost's Research and Scholarship Award will be announced at the FY 2013 External Funding Recognition Reception held on October 16, 2013. All nominators and nominees will be invited to that event.
- Application Open Date: August 20, 2013, 12:01 a.m. EST
- Application Deadline: September 20, 2013, by 5:00 p.m. EST
- Award Announcement: October 16, 2013, at the FY 2013 External Funding Recognition Reception
Read about previous winners of the Provost's Scholarship and Research Award.
Please contact Roxana Ross.