Physical Therapy (PhD)
We seek students who have qualities such as assertiveness, communication skills, and who are critical thinkers. Students must also be emotionally stable team players. Selection of students for the Doctor of Philosophy program is based on prior academic performance, clinical experience, career goals, and references.
Applicants must be graduates from physical therapy schools accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE). Graduates of physical therapy schools in other countries are also eligible with review of academic credentials by an appropriate agency and review of TOEFL scores.
Applicants must have:
- Be a graduate of schools accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical therapy Education (CAPTE). Graduates of physical therapy schools in other countries are also eligible with review of academic credentials by an appropriate agency and review of TOEFL scores.
- A qualified applicant with a master's degree or an entry-level DPT degree is required to complete a course of study with a minimum of 60 credit hours.
- A qualified applicant with a post professional doctoral (including transitional DPT) degree from a regionally accredited school may transfer up to 6 credit hours.
- Completion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with writing component is required; Completion of The Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL) when appropriate.
The Dean is empowered to evaluate the total qualifications of every student and to modify requirements in unusual circumstances.
Foreign Course Work
Undergraduate course work taken at a foreign institution must be evaluated for U.S. institution equivalence by one of the three services listed below. You should contact:
- World Education Services, Inc.
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
- Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy (FCCPT) *
511 Wythe Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
*This agency specializes in evaluation for U.S. PT licensure.
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 415070
Milwaukee, WI 53203
- International Consultant of Delaware,Inc.
3600 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215)222-8454, ext 603
For more information, please call NSU's Office of Admissions at (954) 262-1113.