Physical Therapy (Hybrid Entry Level DPT)
Each month is organized as follows: 3 weeks of online learning followed by 4 days (Thursday-Sunday) of face-to-face learning. Prior to each term, students receive a schedule denoting the 4-day schedule for each month.
- A four-year calendar of weekend dates are provided to all students
- Face-to-face class time is mandatory
The HE-DPT Program uses a BLENDED form of delivery for all classes. Blended learning combines online and face-to-face (F2F) instruction to create a distinct learning experience.
Hybrid classes include asynchronous activities, synchronous experiences, and face-to-face experiences.
- Performed by students at times/location of choice
- Watching recorded online lectures & videos
- Reading course materials
- Interacting with peers and faculty in emails and discussions
- Working in virtual groups
- Taking online quizzes
- Assignments and skill practice
- When faculty and students meet at the same time electronically
- Collaborate: Students hear / see faculty in real time
- Video chat/phone/skype sessions
- Every 4th weekend from Thursday through Sunday. Students drive or fly to our Tampa campus in order to:
- Practice hands on skills that were demonstrated online
- Get feedback from faculty on hands-on skills
- Apply learning to cases
- Work with real patients inside the PT classroom
- Take practical exams and written exams