Doctor of Health Science
The Office of Admissions processes applications regularly throughout the year. Applicants can apply for acceptance for any one of 4 starting dates during any academic year: January, April, July, and September. Admissions deadlines for the 4 terms are as follows:
- March 1, 2014 for the spring 2014 term (April start)
- June 1, 2014 for the summer II term (July start)
- August 15, 2014 for the fall term (September start)
- December 1, 2014 for the winter term ( January start)
Before the applicant can be reviewed for possible admission, the following must be submitted:
- Completed Health Science Doctoral application form.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended undergraduate, professional, and graduate institutions showing a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Send transcripts to:
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services (EPS)
College of Health Care Sciences
Health Science Doctoral Admissions
P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33329-9905
- Copy of proof of completion from accredited professional allied health program, if applicable.
- Copy of masters degree from regionally accredited institution.
- Copy of national allied health professional certification or licensure, if applicable.
- Copy of current state licensure, registration or certification.
- Two " Evaluation Forms" from a supervising physician or manager. These forms are supplied in the application package from the program. Additional letters may be requested by the program after initial review of application if so warranted.
- A complete resume or CV.
- Personal interview with Committee on Admissions MAY be required in some cases. Phone interview and/or advisement may be substituted upon approval.
- All coursework from international institution(s), if applicant attended or is a graduate of any international institution(s).
- Applicant is responsible for contacting one of the evaluation services listed here. The official evaluation must be sent directly from the evaluation service to the EPS:
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 415070
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Non-clinical applicants (health administrators) must also include a letter of recommendation from a supervisor describing their position in the organization and the scope and duration of their responsibility, a personal statement describing their career goals, and an organizational chart. (this is not required for clinically licensed, registered, or certified applicants or for public health practitioners with an MPH). Clinically-qualified applicants should include a copy of their registration, certification and/ or licensure.
Important Note: You must be accepted to the program no later than 21 days prior to the start of a semester in order to register for classes in that particular semester. If not, you will be placed on the accepted student list, but will not be able to start courses in that particular semester. In any case, you must register for your course no later than 14 days prior to the start of the course in any semester.