NSU’s Board of Trustees identified scholarships for students as the foremost need for philanthropic support.
Students come to NSU to realize their educational and professional dreams. Diverse in cultural origin, age, and aspiration, NSU students each can find a personally-rewarding course of study, choosing from a wide variety of programs offered at our four campuses and seven student educational centers, and through distance and online education.
Unfortunately with higher education’s rising demands and costs, student indebtedness continues to be an issue. More than 70% of our students rely on financial aid, and 94 percent of undergraduate students work at least 10 hours per week. Many of these students are the first in their families to attend college. Scholarships are often the deciding factor in determining whether a student can complete a college or graduate degree. Without financial assistance, many deserving students will not be able to afford the NSU experience, which they have identified as the best for them.
THREE WAYS TO FUND SCHOLARSHIPS
- Through annual giving, you can direct your gifts to the “Greatest Need” or any of NSU’s colleges and schools.
- For less than $84.00/month, you can establish a Changing Lives Scholarship.
- With a pledge of $25,000 or more, you can establish an endowed scholarship.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
$1,000 x 5 years
$83.34.............. $1,000 x 5 = $5,000
(Gifts by Changing Lives Scholarship benefactors count toward the annual President’s Associates roster, for each year funded)
For an annual gift of $1,000, committed for 5 years, you can name a Changing Lives Scholarship. This 100% per year distribution to a deserving student helps close the gap between tuition and living expenses. For less than $84 a month, you can have a direct impact on a student’s experience at NSU.
- On the Online Giving Form, put $83.34 as the amount you wish to give.
- Select “Other” under Gift Area, and type in “Changing Lives Scholarship”.
- Before you complete your gift, you will have the opportunity to make this a monthly contribution.
- Submit your gift, and a member of our development staff will contact you to finalize the details of your scholarship.
Congratulations on taking the first steps toward creating a scholarship!
If you would like to discuss this unique opportunity, or establish a scholarship by phone, please do not hesitate to call 954-262-2109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Endowed gifts last for generations. Interest from your investment fosters awards to deserving students on the basis of need and/or academic merit. You may specify the college or center, and direct the terms and naming of your fund as well.
Naming an endowed scholarship can honor a personal hero or loved one, or be named after you or your family to serve as a model of giving for others.
Minimum investment: $25,000
Thank you for your interest!